Thursday, February 24, 2011

Senator Roby Smith


This picture moves me to tears every time I look at it. This is my Godson, Roby Smith, as he is being sworn in to the Iowa State Senate. He is a solid, Christian man whose heart desires to serve. I was able to help him campaign for his primary in June and then for the general election in November. He gave me a wonderful birthday gift and won his senate seat on my birthday. In January, Allison and I flew to Des Moines to witness the swearing in. Roby gave me an honorable seat on the senate floor. I was so moved by the entire weekend and Allison was impressed by the events. We had a wonderful time with Roby's entire family and Kari's sisters and their families. And, we had snow that slowed down our travel plans back home as we had to spend the night in the Dallas airport. Nothing, at that point, could dappen our spirits.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: